Monday, March 7, 2011

Correction and Clarification re Goldstone and Tikkun

by Miki Kashtan

Since i wrote my two pieces about Goldstone, I was informed that in part due to Tikkun's role, Richard Goldstone DID get to attend his grandson's Bar Mitzvah. Here's a link to the source in Haaretz (an Israeli daily). I was very happy to hear this despite my mild embarrassment at having not tracked the information accurately.

I also realized that I hadn't made it clear enough that Tikkun's 25th anniversary is open to the public and is an opportunity to be present for the award ceremony and to celebrate a magazine that has been dedicated to a unique perspective that places caring at the center of a vision of political and social life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you mentioned Tikkun, Miki. I usually have time to read only one or two articles per issue, I don't always agree with what I read, but I subscribe because no one else does quite what Tikkun does--and what Tikkun does in our world's grand ideascape is invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you want to know more about Haaretz, there's an article in last week's New Yorker profiling the paper, the family that owns it, and some of its most controversial reporters. I'm happy to hear that he got to go to his grandson's Bar Mitzvah, too. Thank you, as always, Miki, for your generous heart and mind.

    ReplyDelete